For Sale: 1950 Chevy Club Coupe, 437 Original Miles

The 1950 Chevy Club Coupe

The 1950 Chevy Club Coupe

I thought I got lucky when I  found a 2004 used car with only 28,000 miles on it, but my find pales in comparison to Mark Young’s.

According to this story by Jeff Jardine at the Modesto Bee, Mr. Young, who is with The Chevy Connection in Portland, Ore., acquired a 1950 Chevy Club Coupe last year with only 437 original miles on the odometer.

Yup. 437 miles in 59 years.

It seems anytime a story surfaces in which an old car has extremely low miles, a little old lady is involved. This story holds to tradition: It seems the original owner bought the car new in 1950 and shortly afterward had a heart attack after trying to rescue a woman who had fallen out of a boat into a river. (No word on whatever happened to that woman!)

The original owner’s widow then did what is necessary to create an automotive treasure: She drove the car back to her husband’s plumbing business and then didn’t touch it for the next 30 years.

After that, she traded the car in at a local dealership, whose owner smartly parked the car for another 20 years. Now the Chevy is in the hands of Mr. Young, who will put the car up for sale at a Barrett-Jackson auction in Arizona.

I always love stories like this and think Mr. Jardine at the Bee did a great job tracking down and reporting this one.

While I’m still proud of my ‘04 find with 28,000 miles, I know there are a ton more stories like this, with old Chevys just waiting to astound car fans everywhere.

Even if you don’t have a 59-year-old car with 437 miles, I’m sure you have fond memories of old cars… and we’d love to hear them!

-tgriffith





Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий