Hilo Hot Rod

I’m sitting high atop a cliff that looks over Hanalei Bay. We’ve got just about every door and window open in our little beach house and the waves are crashing hard down below us. The breeze is as cool and delivers as constantly as the Modelo Especial beer we’ve been drinking all weekend. Put simply and frankly, this is paradise.

And you’d think hot rods would be the furthest from my mind considering this environment. Of course, I’m a sick and deranged bastard. I’ve been fighting the urge all week to post about some of the conversations and ideas that Tardel and I have discussed while staring at the Pacific. Keith is a sick bastard too… We’ve talked a lot about hot rods – not the industry or our professions so much, but good ole traditional hot rods.

One that came to mind that both of us have contemplated at one time or another is the ‘39 convertible originally built by Harry Keiichi Nishiyama and later finished by Robert “Papio” Kaluna. Appropriately, both did their deeds while “stranded” in paradise – Hawaii. I was going to write a nice little piece about the car, but a google search turned up an article ran by Honolulu Streets Magazine. I figured you guys would enjoy it as much as Keith and I did.

Check it out.

……..



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий